Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Christmas in July!

 At the moment, it's 86 degrees here in New Hampshire, and this frosty scene looks downright refreshing!  


I was reading a post by one of my favorite bloggers the other day, and she was making an adorable brown felt bendy Stick Man because Stick Man is one of her children's favorite books! I had to grab the template immediately, because I knew how much fun it would be to introduce a "real" Stick Man to the children next December.

Last year I "discovered" this book (always fun to find a book that is new to you) and I was so taken with it, I wrote a literature unit about it that is posted on my TPT store. In honor of Christmas in July, you may download it FREE from my store here.




    
Stick Man, by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler, has many misadventures as he tries to get back home to his Lady Love and his children in their home in a tree. It makes for a wonderful story map! He floats down a stream, gets used in a snowman, and is even a dog toy being thrown across the field! The magic happens on Christmas Eve. Stick Man is next in line to be tossed on the fire in the grate, when Santa Claus himself suddenly needs an assist. There. You will have to just go read it for yourself now. Your children will love it!

I am unable to directly link to the neat blog that features how to make your very own simple Stick Man! However, you can get to it by traveling back through her pin which is on my Pinterest page. Go to the board that says "My TPT Store". On the board you will find the adorable felt Stick Man from felt from the gingerbread-house.co.uk. It is worth the trip! https://www.pinterest.com/nancybpierce/ 


Stay cool! Go read something!

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment